ACTIVE VACATION IN SALZBURGER LAND
THE GASTEIN VALLEY
Valley. Surrounded by mountains. And sheltered.
3 places. Dorfgastein – Bad Hofgastein – Bad Gastein.
Fresh mountain air. Located just below 1000 meters.
Bubbling thermal springs. 2 spas. For health. Or for well-being.
Lived Austrian hospitality. Since imperial times.
Protected customs. To experience.
And an infrastructure. Which is almost unbeatable for a side valley at the foot of the Hohe Tauern and the National Park.
SUMMER FRESH. UNTIL LATE AUTUMN
HIKING or BIKING (with or without electricity)
To the most beautifully situated mountain lakes and summit crosses, with stops at over 50 mountain huts in the valley. Let yourself be pampered by warm-hearted alpine dairymen, enjoy homemade snacks and a schnapps – also known as alpine medicine.
FLANIERE in the center of the three villages with their beautiful stores, boutiques and stores. Or simply treat yourself to a break in the numerous restaurants and cafés and be happy.
Experience activities such as mini golf, tennis, hunting archery, paragliding, rafting and much more.
3 MOUNTAIN RAILWAYS are in operation in the summer. For the mountain experience in the ALMORAMA area.
From the Swiss stone pine hiking trail to the barefoot trail, power trail, Schlossalm circular trail or up to the highest suspension bridge on the Stubnerkogel. Enjoy breathtaking views.
GOLFING on the 18-hole golf course in Bad Gastein or, with the Alpin Card, at a discount on other golf courses in Salzburger Land (within a radius of just 20 to 60 minutes’ drive).
Discover 180 SIGHT-SEEING POINTS in the province of Salzburg, including the Eisriesenwelt, castles and palaces, the salt mine, the Liechtensteinklamm gorge or the mighty Großglockner with its ice-covered surfaces all year round. Everything can be reached within a radius of 1 to 1.5 hours by car. The Mozart city of Salzburg is only 80 km away.
Our tip: Purchase the Salzburger Land Card on site and enjoy extensive free admission to excursion destinations, mountain railroads, sights and spas.
You can get the Gastein Card directly from us at your accommodation with many benefits and discounts.
WINTER IS LIKE A MUSICIAN
Because here in the Gastein Valley he plays all the pieces.
- Skiing pleasure from 900 to 2300 meters altitude
- with the longest descents in the Eastern Alps (up to 10.4 km)
- Modern lifts, perfectly groomed pistes, deep snow slopes, fun parks, rustic ski huts.
- Non-stop to the summit: the valley station of the Schlossalmbahn is right on our doorstep.
- SKI IN! You can reach us directly on skis via the valley run.
- In-house ski valley with ski service and depot
- Ski school for children and adults, for both beginners and advanced skiers, within walking distance
Or experience WINTER with relaxing winter walks along the valley floor, romantic horse-drawn carriage rides, snowshoe hikes, ice skating in the arena or ski touring and ice climbing. Enjoy a fun toboggan ride with your loved ones – both during the day and in the evening.
Cross-country skiing on a network of 80 km. In the Hohe Tauern National Park – in Sportgastein (snow guaranteed from November to the beginning of May) or on the cross-country ski trails in Bad Hofgastein or in the Angertal. In the spa park, the network of cross-country ski trails is covered with snow and also floodlit.
BENEFICIAL AND HEALING.
AND BEFORE ALL, open all year round! In any weather.
The Alpentherme thermal spa in the center of Bad Hofgastein is just a 5-minute walk from the BERGLIFT.
- Large indoor and outdoor children’s area with slides, water cinema and wave pool.
- Sauna world with various saunas and professional infusions.
- Spa with spacious relaxation areas, both indoors and outdoors.
- THERMAL WATER BATHING LAKE, steaming in the fall months and refreshing in the summer.
- Fitness studio and beauty department.
- Performance center for athletes.
Other thermal baths and swimming opportunities: Felsentherme Bad Gastein – open all year round – and in the summer months the natural bathing lake in Bad Bruck and the solar bath in Dorfgastein.
CULTURE. USE. EVENT.
From soft tones to rousing sounds, from folk music to classical music, to the legendary winter and summer events in the Gastein Valley.
From May to October there are concerts by the Philharmonie Salzburg, either in the Alpenarena or in the Kursaal, depending on the weather – admission is free.
Throughout the year there are traditional events such as farmers’ autumn festivals, parades, club balls and festivals.
CONCERTS with HELENE FISCHER, DIE ÄRZTE, DAVID GARRETT and other legendary artists. Be curious!
Click here for the event calendar for your vacation planning.
SPECIAL EVENTS. IN THE GASTEIN VALLEY.
- Yoga days in spring and fall – over 200 yoga sessions. In various hotels, on the mountains and in public facilities. Participation for a small fee.
- Red Bull Playstreets in Bad Gastein
- Adidas INFINITITE TRAIL: a spectacular experience. Whether you’re there or just in the middle of it. The best mountain runners in the world circle the valley in just a few hours, with stamina, endurance and consistency.
- Summer.freshness.art in Bad Gastein.
- Art on Snow. Sculptures in ice, carved by master craftsmen, for a certain time, to be admired.
- SOUND & SNOW GASTEIN: The concert to kick off the season with world stars such as Martin Garrix, Helene Fischer, Fanta 4 and many more. It will be interesting to see which artist will make Gastein shake next.